We know that visiting a new church can be full of many emotions. Excitement for the new experience. Hope that you'll find a place where you and your family feel loved and accepted. Nervousness in meeting new people and experiencing your first day at a new church. If you find yourself in that place, welcome! In order to make your visit enjoyable, we want to share what you can expect at Shoal Creek.
What should I wear?
We want you to feel at home and comfortable! Is that in jeans? Pastor Scott wears his favorite pair often! Shorts and flip flops are more your speed? Please feel free. At Shoal Creek you will find men, women, and children from all walks of life and we don't have a dress code.
Does Shoal Creek have Children's church?
Absolutely! Children are precious at Shoal Creek and we have many ministries for children of all ages. During Sunday morning worship, which begins at 11AM, your children can join you in the sanctuary. After morning worship, children are invited to attend a quick children's moment after which they are dismissed with our church staff. Children will participate in a lesson, fun, arts and crafts, and more! Children are available to pickup in the children's wing after service.
How long is service?
Our Sunday morning worship service begins at 11AM and regularly lasts about an hour. Service includes a mix of classical and modern worship led by our choir and praise team, along with teaching and preaching by Pastor Scott Bosier.
What type of worship service do you have?
At Shoal Creek we know that worship is precious. We also know that many different people are ministered to through a wide variety of music and worship styles. Our blended worship service includes beautiful hymnal classics, interwoven with modern worship music led by our choir and praise team. Our greatest hope is to honor the Lord with our worship and we know you'll be blessed with us in worship.
Do you have small group or Sunday school?
Shoal Creek has many growing ministries for all ages and for all levels of Biblical understanding. Our Sunday School classes meet Sunday morning at 10:00AM. All Sunday School classes are located on the 2nd level (upstairs). Classes include:
- Salt and the Light, led by Bro. Jack Ott. This class is intended for Christians from all walks of life and studies the timeless truths of God's Word.
- Disciples Path, led by Bro. Daniel Higginbotham. This class is intended for Christians, or people seeking to learn more about Jesus, of all ages and walks of life. Join us for doughnuts, coffee, and in-depth discussion around God's Word.
- Our teens and tweens class, led by Sister Sarah and Bro. Curtis Wright includes young men and women from the ages of 9 to 19. This class includes powerful lessons that help our young men and women live their faith out daily.
- Our young children's class, led by Sister Amber Higginbotham, includes wonderful Bible lessons, arts and crafts, fun and more for children younger than 9.
- Our nursery is available to provide a safe, fun place for children 3 and younger to attend.
What other ministries do you have?
Please visit http://www.cometothecreek.com/our-ministries to learn more about the different ministries featured at Shoal Creek.
Can I watch a service on-line?
Absolutely! We stream our services live via Facebook. You can watch previous services or worship with us Sunday live at 11AM. Visit http://www.facebook.com/cometothecreek to view previous services.
What does Shoal Creek believe?
As part of the Southern Baptist Convention, as a Southern Baptist Church, you can read more about our faith and message at http://www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp.
Where is Shoal Creek?
Shoal Creek is located at 4967 Fincher Rd, Canton, GA 30114 outside the south gate of Lake Arrowhead on highway 108.
I have other questions, who can I contact?
We are available to answer your questions and make your visit enjoyable! You can contact us via the "Contact Us" page at http://cometothecreek.com/contact-us/ or via e-mail at email@example.com. You can also call at (678) 372-2955 with any additional questions.