Shoal Creek Baptist Church in Canton, Georgia, is actively seeking a bi-vocational worship leader that will build our church up in faith and love through music and worship. Our church is passionate about loving Jesus and loving others. Throughout our congregation, we are a people who love people as we seek to fulfill the Great Commission. As the Worship Leader you will have a big part in fulfilling our vision as a church to impact our local community and the world through missions for Jesus.
About the Role
The Worship Leader is responsible for leading, supporting, and developing the worship ministry within the church. As a key leader within the church, the Worship Leader will partner with staff, leaders, and volunteers to ensure the Biblical, healthy, thriving worship of the church. Through planning, development, and leading, the Worship Leader, by God’s grace, will help ensure that the music ministry is focused on glorifying Jesus and leading God’s people into a place of deeper knowledge and intimacy with Him.
The Ideal Candidate
Above all, you love the Lord and are passionate about seeing lives changed by the power of Jesus Christ. You are familiar with traditional hymns and modern worship music, and not afraid to learn and lead in a truly blended worship. You are far more concerned with the substance of the music than the mode of worship. You love learning and sharing your knowledge with others. You work well with seasoned musicians and novices. You trust Christ in the unknown and faithfully seek His guidance to help equip and lead you. You exhibit the fruit of the Holy Spirit and are growing, learning, and maturing in your faith.
What You Will Do
Although this list is not comprehensive, as the Worship Leader, you will:
- Partner with the Senior Pastor to develop the overall worship program at the church.
- Rehearse the worship team and choir during regularly scheduled practices.
- Lead the praise team and choir during scheduled worship services.
- Lead the congregation in worship and direct the flow and elements of the worship service.
- Aid with developing the worship ministry to bring glory to God in all things (1 Corinthians 10:31).
- Communicate the Gospel through music and vocal worship to a blended audience.
- Ability to play or desire to learn how to play the piano or guitar.
- A heart to lead people to worship, not just leading music.
- The ability to lead multiple teams supporting worship.
- Basic working knowledge of sound systems and presentation software.
- Ability to lead blended traditional and contemporary worship service.
- All candidates must acknowledge and uphold the Beliefs and Culture of Shoal Creek Baptist Church and the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- A commitment to the mission of the church.
- Experience with leading aspects of worship.
- Successful completion of background check.
- Willing and able to officially join Shoal Creek Baptist Church in membership.
- Time commitment on average is 15 hours or less per week and includes weekly evening practice, Sunday morning rehearsal, and Sunday morning worship.
- Compensation range is between $12,500 and $15,000 annually.
Interested applicants can visit https://www.georgiabaptistjobs.com/job/69rg7u/worship-leader/canton/georgia to apply for this position or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.